Your bedroom must be a comfortable space to lay your head at night, but it can be much more. You can create a true haven within your home by considering your space, needs and wants, and how to use your bedroom. Not sure where to buy bedroom furniture and bedroom sets? Cincinnati Overstock Warehouse carries brand-name pieces for low prices so you can create the space you crave.
#1: Consider Your Space
Consider how to arrange bedroom furniture by sketching before you pull everything in.
Typically, you want the bed along the wall furthest from the door, without any windows, and with space on both sides.
If that’s not an option, try setting your bed in front of the window to make it the room’s centerpiece. Even though it often is, the bed doesn’t need to be in the center of the wall. You can offset it to leave space for other things.
Once you know how to arrange the bedroom furniture:
- Bring in the biggest piece first and set it up to your liking.
- Move down the line with the next largest piece and arrange that.
- If you don’t like something or have less space than you thought, move it before bringing in more furniture.
- Stop adding furniture before it gets too crowded.
- Add comfortable accessories, like area rugs, good lighting, and seating, or a chair for taking off shoes and socks.
#2: How to Arrange Bedroom Furniture in a Large Bedroom
In any bedroom, functionality matters. For a large bedroom, consider using it for multiple purposes. You could want to relax and watch TV after a long day or send the kids to their room to do homework and play quietly.
Each section should have a separate rug, lighting, and accessories, but use the same color scheme to tie it together. This also enhances the comfort and functionality of the room.
Your interests and needs will shape how you use the extra space but could include:
- As a bedroom office
- For your morning workout
- As a reading nook
- As a craft space
- For gaming or TV watching
#3: How to Arrange Bedroom Furniture in a Small Bedroom
If you have a small bedroom, maximize the space without overstuffing it or making it difficult to walk through. The best way to do this is to use pieces that serve multiple purposes, so consider bedroom sets carefully. Try:
- Exchanging nightstands for bookshelves.
- Choosing a headboard with shelving
- Selecting a bed with drawers beneath it
- Putting a dresser in a large closet
- Setting a bench seat with storage compartments at the foot of your bed
Bedroom Furniture Near Cincinnati, OH
You should start and end your day in a bedroom you love. Want good-quality bedroom sets but need help determining where to buy? Bedroom furniture and home decor at low prices is our business. Visit Cincinnati Overstock Warehouse during our weekend sales events to order what you need. We proudly serve the greater Cincinnati area, including West Chester, Ohio, and Florence, Kentucky. Contact us today!